I Might As Well Jump In -- Les Walden

LesWalden

My name is Les Walden. I'm 66 and started modeling when I was around 12 years old. First models were a F-86, Mig 15 & a F-101. I don't remember who made them. They were the first plastic models I'd ever seen. My Mom said I couldn't have them and Dad said, "Yes." I got 'em. I continued modeling through the years until I graduated from high school. I resumed after a stint in the Army and my first marriage. I continued into my second marriage, even getting my wife involved. She likes to paint figures. Through the years I've done most of it: ships, planes, armor, cars and sci-fi. Presently, I model ships and dabble in armor, aircraft, sci-fi and miscellaneous. Other interestes are drawing and cartooning. My work background includes twenty-three years in the pulp and paper industry. Seventeen of those in research (The reason your tolilet paper is fluffy is that they put more air in it.). I've owned a copy/office supply store, worked several jobs, and produced a pool & billiards newspaper.

In the early years (70's to you younger guys) I wasn't a member becuase it was mostly an airplane driven organization. (I was one of the guys going to the meeting and hearing, "Oh, it's a tank.") I've been in IPMS about four years now. When several of us started the NOPMS club it was decided to charter it with IPMS. As officers need to be members, I had to join. I brow beat my buddy and wife to pony up the money for the first three years. I couldn't make it happen this year and had to pay my own dues. My modeling credits include:

Vancouver, WA Scale Modleling Club

OHMS Member, Past President & Secretary

MFCO (Military Figure Collectors of Oregon) Member, Past President, Secretary. Newsletter Editor &

Show Chariman

NOPMS Member, Past President, Present Secretary & Newsletter Editor

Actually, it's not my crew. It's Roger "El Supremo" Torgeson's crew. I am but the humble scribe recording his golden words of wisdom for the unwashed masses and our adventures for posterity.

Thanks for sharing Les!

(I'm surprised that no one has made a TP joke yet...) :smiley2: