me -- Bob Dedmon

Bob Dedmon

Delusions and hallucinations, I've been around on the boards for a while and within the Society since 1982. I was a charter member of Eagle Squadrons IPMS (back when they were known as RDG (Raleigh, Durham, Goldsburo), it was my suggestion to change to Eagle Squadron) while stationed at Seymour Johnson AFB, I was then stationed at Dover AFB where with Jack Legere was a founding member of the original IPMS Galaxie in 1985. In 1986 I was stationed at Langley AFB where I joined IPMS Tidewater where I've been on and off since. The first two times I was nominated for 2nd VP I couldn't complete my term as I received orders to Kadena AB, Okinawa where I was president of IPMS Shogun for two terms in 1991 and 1994. After my last return to Tidewater I was again nominated as 2nd VP and finally completed my term of progression to be president of Tidewater completing my term in 2007 just before our LAST? sponsored National convention. My primary interests are 1/48 aircraft (WW II and jets) and 1/700 ships. My current project (nearly finished) is the Trumpy 1/350 U.S.S. Lexington which has been an interesting project as it is backdated but not as far as the Yankee Model Works back date set. I hope to have shots of it in the gallery for next month and over on modelwarship.com. There are two complete decal sheets of my jets and there used to be an errata sheet for another. The complete sheets are the Afterburner sheet of Eurpoean 1, Double Ugly F-4's from Seymour Johnson my jet was 67-283 and an Aeromaster sheet featuring 50th anniversary F-15 from Kadena my jet was 78-571. The errata sheet was from Repliscale and AFIK unavailable commercially was for another Kadena jet.

Great to meet you Bob,

I always have a good time in "your neck of the woods"