The Duke Launches Another Ship.

Mark Deliduka

Finally after all the difficulty with all the tiny parts and other issues, I can now call this ship finished.

This is the Soviet Aircraft Carrier Baku currently sailing in the Black Sea.....

Get it?

Enjoy!

Russian_Carrier_Baku_I.jpg

Russian_Carrier_Baku_II.jpg

And a slightly higher viewpoint to see more of the deck:

Russian_Carrier_Baku_III.jpg

There she is in all her glory. Thanks all for looking in, comments are welcome!

Nicely done, sir! Small parts are a pain on ships. It's bad enough attaching them, but then you usually have to handle the ship to get more on it in a different area.

You need it belching smoke.

Bill

Thanks William! I agree, it seems that half the time I was re-gluing parts that had popped off while gluing subsequent parts on! Man, this feels good to be finally done with this ship!

Thanks for the suggestion on the smoke and thanks again for the compliment. Given the delicacy of the P/E attached to the stack, I think I'll let this one sit clean for now.

• 1 month later...

Thanks Ron! Believe it or not, I used Testor's Model Master Leather color for the red decks. It conformed the most to all the pics I've seen of this and other Russian ships with the same color decks.

It does look really good. In the past I have tried mixing colors. I am going to try leather next time. Thanks.