RE: Robert L Foster

RLFoster

Hello,

While I hate to write about myself, I'll post this and get it done.

I'm 47 years old - going on 24 (or 14, depending on the day). This may explain why I've never been married and have no children...I have enough trouble taking care of myself. I started modeling at a young age, but in high school modeling took a back seat to other interests. At 22, I joined the USAF and managed to build a grand total of ONE model during the next 20 years. In 2002, as retirement neared, my interest in modeling began to return and I started building once again. During this time I joined IPMS, AMPS, and several online communities. I retired from the Air Force as a Master Sergeant in 2004 and spent the next 4 years living on my military retirement and pumping out about one model a month...I was in heaven! From 2004 until 2007, I served as President and Contest Director for the IPMS/USA Pensacola Modeleers. About a year ago, my former boss gave me a call and asked me to return to work as a civil servant. So, for the past year, I've been teaching Nondestructive Inspection as an instructor for the USAF Technical Training School at Pensacola, FL. My modeling time has obviously been dramatically reduced, but I still find the time to get in about 6 or 8 hours each week. That's my story and I'm sticking to it...for now.

Regards,

You did leave me wondering. You were in Heaven for four years living on military retirement and building a model a month and you went back to work!????? I realize people have many different reasons for doing these things, but I'd do like the song says, "Take This Job and Shove It."

Thanks for sharing Robert!

Glad to have you aboard!