Merkava Mk.III Academy 1/35

JJModels

Hello friends
I certainly could not miss this tank in my collection, in my opinion one of the best currently. Over the years it has been updated, hence its four versions that have demonstrated their capabilities on the ground. I wanted to place the model on a platform simulating an arid terrain where it has usually been its battlefield.

Greetings and I hope you like mates

• Like 1

Looks great, Carlos. I have an Academy Merkava sitting here ready to be started. I've probably been a little shy to deal with the balls and chains. I've heard they can be difficult. Any tips there?

I know the thing I like most about Academy kits is that there is no seam line on their road wheels. Just a little whisk with a sanding stick on the attachment points is all that is needed.

• Like 1

Thank you very much friend for the comment. I explain how to make the chain and balls system, it will be harder to understand than to do it. The balls are obtained from a shotgun cartridge, they are perfect for that scale. The chains are real adjusted to the scale of the model. To the turret of the tank a perforated angular profile is stuck to hold the chains (in the video there are several imjenes that show it). Now comes the most complicated to explain. I made a drill for the balls. I took a pin and previously cutting it, I inserted it into the drill of the ball, leaving the head next to it, with the end that comes out, make a curve taking the chain that beats from the turret. I hope you understand it and can do it. If you require a new explanation on any subject, write me.
a greeting