1/12 Yamaha Yzr500 "antena 3"

1/12 Tamiya kit with a few mods. Scratch built stand for cowl. This was built a few years ago, for the 2001 Tamiya Con. My friend Sean and I had a challenge between us to build a bike in 2 weeks for the show. I managed to get it done, That meant no sleep the last 48 hours, though...... Sean's suffered a mishap and was never finished.

yzr_500_4.jpg

yzr_500_5.jpg

yzr_500_3.jpg

Cheers,

John

Hey nice bike!!! I'm just starting in bikes (I mainly do figures). I'm planning to pick up some kits at nats and I can't wait to get working on them. :smiley20:

John, nice looking build. :smiley20: Glad to see a bike posted here, my favorite builds. As soon as I can figure out how to post images (photobucket???) I'd like to add my two cents. While I have been fortunate enough to place with my bikes at IPMS Nationals, the two times I entered at Tamiya Con with bikes, I got my butt kicked. :smiley18::smiley19: It's all good though. I had a great time at both. I hope they follow through with the announced return in April 2009. Thanks for posting the pics of a cool bike.

Model on Dude.