About me: Dennis Tennant

My name is Dennis Tennant and I've been a member of IPMS for almost ten years. I build a variety of subjects but currently am focusing on 1/72 armor and 1/48 WWII aircraft. I live in Chesapeake, Virginia and my house is on the flightpath to the Norfolk Navy Base. I recently became the forum administrator here in addition to my other IPMS web role as one of John Ratzenberger's "web elves" that maintain our extensive reviews site. I am also a member of the IPMS Reviewer Corps that creates the content for our online and Journal reviews. My first Nats award was a second place award for a Sci-Fi entry at the Atlanta Nats. It was also one of my proudest moments because my two kids, Sean and Erin, also won awards in the juniors category (a first and a second). My kit stash numbers a measly 100 or so kits but that's mainly because I shipped over 100 kits to Iraq as my small way to support their efforts.

As for my day job....I'm the director of photography for a mid-sized daily newspaper in Newport News, Virginia and have been on the executive boards of the National Press Photographers Association and the Associated Press Photo Managers group. I'm an expert Photoshop user and conduct photo workshops and host photo walks throughout the tidewater Virginia area. I also manage several other photo-related forums for my newspaper group.

This is probably why my stack of unfinished kits is taller than my workbench! <_<

Dennis, Thanks for taking on this HUGE administrator task. And this new Welcoming Forum seems to be taking off pretty well. Good move.

- Here's a small boost of inspiration. I challenge you to set aside 2 hours in the evening, once a week (at a minimum) to not administrate, not honey-do, not ruminate over and F stops or exposure rates, and actually sit at the work bench to work on a "FUN" model. Fun models are those that you build in between the top quality, researched masterpieces. No reference books allowed and as close to OOB as possible. Do for you, once in a while in between your dedication to everything else. We expect posted pics of the build on the site here. I enjoyed our chat on the phone the other evening and as with many of the fellow model Dudes here, I wish that geography wasn't in the way of meeting with you at a Nats or something. Model on, Administrative Brother of the Sprue. :smiley20:

Challenge accepted! I started a new OOB build of an old 1/72 TOKO Il-2 Sturmovik POS kit a couple weeks ago. It's a tough build and the scrappin' boys that gather on the weekends to drink and build models (in that order, too) wonder why I'm wasting my time with it. Am rebuilding the cockpit tonight...no resin, from scratch with lotsa fiddly bits. Ahhh, relaxing.

Of course, I'll post photos of the finished model (or shots of the post-firecracker remains) here first. Finding two hours a week is gonna be the hard part though....especially once prep football season starts in the fall.

Model on, indeed!

dennis

Dennis, Thanks for taking on this HUGE administrator task. And this new Welcoming Forum seems to be taking off pretty well. Good move.

- Here's a small boost of inspiration. I challenge you to set aside 2 hours in the evening, once a week (at a minimum) to not administrate, not honey-do, not ruminate over and F stops or exposure rates, and actually sit at the work bench to work on a "FUN" model. Fun models are those that you build in between the top quality, researched masterpieces. No reference books allowed and as close to OOB as possible. Do for you, once in a while in between your dedication to everything else. We expect posted pics of the build on the site here. I enjoyed our chat on the phone the other evening and as with many of the fellow model Dudes here, I wish that geography wasn't in the way of meeting with you at a Nats or something. Model on, Administrative Brother of the Sprue. :smiley20:

Welcome Aboard Dennis,

Good to know a little about you - I'm sure I'll be meeting you in person at some of the East Coast shows.

Count on it! I'll be the guy wearing the "bullseye" sweater... :)

Welcome Aboard Dennis,

Good to know a little about you - I'm sure I'll be meeting you in person at some of the East Coast shows.

I'd lend you the one I had when I was RC2, but I quickly took it out of inventory when I ended my stint... :ph34r: