Hello from Caribbean

Hello, Guys!

My name is Gabriel. I live in the Caribbean Island of Sint Maarten (formerly into Netherlands Antilles). Given the geographic proximity, I think subscribing to US based modelling sites it is the logical choice, although by rising and education I am die-hard European.

I have a "inconsistent" modeling history, but I took it seriously for the last four years, and I intend to keep it that way: I have a few blogs and features on different sites. Recently I started my YT channel. I love making build reviews as this activity mates my lifetime great passions: writing and modeling.

For now, my island is being still heavily perturbed by hurricane Irma passing, but as soon as I have the modeling tools in working order, I'm going to post my builds.

At this moment, I have four ongoing projects: 1/35 Kfz.2 BMW LKW from Wespe Models (resin kit), 1/35 MiniArt T54-1 mod. 1937 (without interior, still in early building stage, in-box review published on YT), sent by another modeling site for review, 1/48 Revell B-17 Flying Fortress (commissioned, stalled, partly damaged by Irma), 1/72 RS Models Heinkel He 112B (almost finished, inbox review published on YT).

If you like to see any of this models on build blog, please leave a comment - I have progress pictures and hopefully in two weeks time I'm going to return to my "normal" modeling life.

Warm Regards from Caribbean,

Gabriel

• Like 1

Welcome Gabriel! Glad to hear you're recovering from the hurricanes. Irma took down some of my fencing, but that's nothing compared to what you had to hunker down through!

I actually built a Wespe resin 1/48 Halftrack a few years back. It was quite the learning experience, but I enjoyed it!

001_2.jpg

Make yourself at home and show us your work when you get back up and running. Glad to have you here!

GIL :smiley16:

@Mark: Thank you for the warm welcome. I feel already more comfortable among you, guys.

@Gil: Thank you! Yes, Wespe models aren't easy but quite a few are unique on the market. Mine arrived from Romania with huge delay and in a very sorry state. Basically, I have only the body and the cable reel that I can use. Everything else I have to scratch-build or to "borrow" from other kits. Nonetheless I enjoy it when I am in a patient mood :smiley33: :smiley14:
I'm not being entirely happy with the paint job and there is a great chance the entire model will be stripped. I'm still deliberating with myself :ph34r:

post-3322-0-70682300-1507350144_thumb.jpg

Gabriel

@Gil: Thank you for the warm welcome.

Wespe Models are quite difficult, indeed. Mine arrived awfully late from Romania (USPS fault) and into a very sorry state. Basically the only usable parts are the body and the cable reel. I tried to attach pictures - it didn't work for me. It is a very instructive building, when patience reserves are high.

Gabriel