IPMS Scale Model world Show. Telford UK

Hi All

IPMS UK Scale Modelworld Show takes place on Saturday and Sunday 11th and 12th of November at Telford International Centre. The show has developed into the largest scale model show in the world taking up all 4 halls of the centre plus other areas for the competition, presentations and kit swap. Many Overseas IPMS branches have a special international area within the show. A great way to meet like minded modellers and what IPMS is fundamentally all about. Hopefully we may be able to greet fellow Stateside members and modellers visiting the UK show.

I'm always looking at going, but (again), NOT this year! Instead, I'll be saving my money so as to...

Go to England for the first time next summer because my daughter Ashley is getting married in London! :smiley4:

And yes Ron....that was an oblique attempt to make you feel old...... :P

GIL :smiley16:

Have fun. I enjoyed 2013.

Gil

Hope you have a fab time in London when your daughter gets married. Depending on how much time you have over here after doing the touristy stuff, there are some really interesting places like many London museums ang galleries, the Royal Air Force Museum and Imperial War Museums to visit. Would thoroughly recommend an hour or so train trip to Portsmouth Historical Dockyards. See HMS Victory and Warrior, the preserved remains of Henry VIIIs Tudor ship the Mary Rose in its specially built museum. Windsor Castle is a short distance from London as also our two famous university cities Oxford and Cambridge. If cathedrals and castles are your thing.....Plenty of those all over the country!

Cheers, Noel