Deals Wheels Revell Old School

Does anyone know or have someone in the know at Revell that has an idea if they plan to release the VW versions of the old Deal's Wheels kits under the old school label?

Mark

My understanding is that they planned to rerelease the entire Deals Wheels line; over time. I've already built the VW Van, the Trans-Um, and the McLapper; and have the '57 Heavy in the stash. I also want the VW Bug, Corvette, and the Mustang AND Camaro Phony Cars as well. I haven't heard that they changed plans, but with the economy being what it is, perhaps they've put the rest on hold. Or, maybe we're just over anxious! I know I'm keeping my eyes open for info, and I plan to ask the Revell/Monogram rep about them in Columbus. Lets keep our fingers crossed!

GIL :smiley16:

Gil,

I have all those in the orginal boxing but the prices for the Bugs and Nomad have beeen just too high. I picked up two of the Red Baron and Messershmidts. That was a real blast from my past. There was a guy at Port Townsend that did a really great job on the Red Baron.

redbaron.jpg

SWEET! That engine is a great addition. I also notice how well painted the driver is (compared to mine). The "Good Boot" tire lettering is also sharper. I'd be up for any tips on an easy way to do that! Thanks for the better pic!

Here's my Trans-Um

100_1682.jpg

And my Van

100_1641.jpg

And my McLapper

100_0897.jpg

Cheers!

Thanks! What I enjoy is they're a great change of pace from my regular aircraft builds. They can be built OOTB in just a few days, or in the case of the Van, about 25hrs, as long as I don't screw up the paint! Camo is easy, GLOSS is hard!

If you like Dave Deal's art, check out his website.

I see by the picture Mark, that your's was the one at the NOPMS Show. Good job!

The Fokker was by Gordon Enquist of BC. He did a great job on that one.

I saw the van and the Pontiac at Hobby Land in Silverdale yesterday.

Nope.....The Camaro was the Fokker builders also. That guy did some really good work!