Bottle pictures of U.S. Air Force Paint to be Released Oct. 1

trucolorpaint

Bottle pictures of the Tru-Color Paint SEA colors to be released Oct. 1, 2017 are attached for your perusal. There are 4 colors in the first release and the TCP-1213 picture will be added before the end of this week. The bottles shown are all 1 oz. ( $ 5.69 list), but they are also available in a 2 oz. size ( $10.25 list) for larger models and/or projects.

All paint is available from your local hobby shop or from us directly.

On Nov. 1, 2017 we will release the first true F-22 simulated radar dispersion/absorption paint for the modeler ( 2 colors) along with Fed. Std. 34092 Gunship Green. As with all of our products, these too will be stocked in 1 and 2 oz. size bottles. Every Tru-Color Paint product is manufactured in Phoenix, AZ !

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Martin Cohen, PhD

Tru-Color Paint

P.O. Box 74524

Phoenix, AZ 85087-4524

714-488-9779

post-3288-0-07007800-1503553555_thumb.jpgpost-3288-0-18404600-1503553558_thumb.jpgpost-3288-0-38229600-1503553561_thumb.jpg

Looking at the website, I notice you do mostly railroad colors, which would be why I haven't seen it before. I do see that USN colors are coming.

http://trucolorpaint.com/military-colors/

Are these the ship camo colors or aircraft colors?

What is the formulation of your carrier? Lacquer, enamel, acrylic?

TIA,

James

James: If you go up to the "Welcome" topic at the very top of the forum, there is a lot more info, as that is where the initial announcement was made and we asked a lot of questions which Martin has been very quick and thorough in answering.

Although not a complete answer to your question, it's "solvent based", and you can use lacquer thinner or acetone to clean out your airbrush. He recommends acetone because it's cheaper.

Typically, he won't say what will thin the paint for airbrushing as they want you to buy their thinner (duh); and undoubtedly THAT will give the best results. But, word will get around within a few months as modelers start to use them.

GIL :smiley16:

It's not that we won't say what will thin the paint, it is the fact that many modelers will try to use something that may harm the intended finish of Tru-Color Paint. We do not want modelers to be unhappy with their first experience with Tru-Color Paint. We know some modelers use acetone to thin the paint, but it dries so fast that the paint may blush or be rough. Users smell the acetone that is part of the solvent mix and think that is what they should use. However, it is less than 5% of the solvent mix, but it is the most volatile and odorous of the solvents used and that is why it appears to be dominate. In very hot areas (like Phoenix, AZ right now !!!) we recommend adding a few drops of our TCP-310, Retarder, to slow down the evaporation rate even more.

We have heard of other thinners being used, but we cringe what we hear some people are using. We also want to keep modelers safe and our blend of solvents are the least toxic around. We are NOT banned in CA or TX or any of the other 48 states. Australia, New Zealand, all of Europe allow our products to be imported.

Our TCP-015, Thinner, is priced the same as the paint in 1 and 2 oz. bottles as it takes the same amount of time to fill, label & package the material as any color paint. The BIG savings is in the 16 oz. size, which is only $ 42.95 per 16 oz. (versus $ 80.95 for all paint colors).

I'll get off my soapbox now and let everyone get back to modeling.

Martin Cohen, PhD

Tru-Color Paint

• Like 1

Thanks for the info Martin! We (I) have no doubt as to what you posted, but you're underestimating the cheapness (or to be nice, "thriftiness") of modelers! :smiley2:

I don't know of anyone who will like spending the same dollar amount for thinner as paint, or (even if it is a bargain by comparison) over $40 on thinner in bulk; especially if it might evaporate over time in storage in an environment like Phoenix (or sunny FLA, where I am).

So, If I know us, we'll all grab some of your thinner to be SURE we can get the absolute best results when needed, but we'll also be doing some experimenting with what we have laying around.

On the bright side, on ANY forum I've seen, whenever a modeler posts "why am I having this paint problem", the FIRST response is almost always "have you used the manufacturer's thinner"? Tru-Color will not be blamed for less than optimum results if and when we use alternative thinning methods.

GIL :smiley16:

A agree with Gil and James (hmmm - I sound like a politician). Clean up with acetone - it is a relatively "cheap" solvent that works very well to clean air brush and paint brushes. And it dries fast so you can paint again within seconds, but please use our thinning if needed. At the most only a few drops will be required to achieve the best performance with any type air brush.

Spread the word at your local IPMS meetings - first batch of military colors shipping this week !

Martin Cohen

Tru-Color Paint