JN-4 by Lindberg restored

Dick Montgomery

I just finished another restoration project (This is the 9th or 10th kit, all at least 30 to 40 years old or more, than have been disassembled, repaired, and rebuilt). This is the original JN-4 in 1/48th by Lindberg. Not a bad model considering its age.

btn_geturs.gifbtn_viewall.gif">Vist the album

Excellent! Your are correct in that the Lindberg 1/48 BIPLANES were some of their best kits; both in detail and scale fidelity. Makes you scratch your head and go "huh?" after looking at their crappy 1/48 WWII stuff. I always give their early 50's jets a pass because they were releasing them as quickly as the manyfacturer built their prototype! They got the prototype shapes pretty good, but have all of those 50's working features that are out of scale and inaccurate. Still, you CAN build them up as the prototypes with some elbow grease! Thanks for the link!

GIL :smiley16:

Dick, Nice work. One question- what are you using for rib effect? One comment- that jig! I have been thinking about how I could create just exactly the type of adjustable rig you have revealed here. Could you describe it in more detail- maybe even in a Journal article? Regards, Nick Filippone

• 2 weeks later...