"Odd Rods" in 1/72 needed..

Scooter

Hi all.

I have a request;.... if anyone has a couple of spare 1/72 scale "Odd Rods" laying around, I'd like to take them. (These are the IFF antennae used on most Soviet produced jets produced after about 1960.)

The parts are so tiny, they probably have no real value, but you would have my eternal gratitude, and one owed favor! even if they have been painted or have been stripped off an old model, that would work too.

I will need two of them.

Thanks in advance;

AC

• 2 weeks later...
Scooter, I'll have to check my parts box. It may take awhile since I've built so many models so give me a day or so. I may find something for you.

Mark - just wondering if you had any luck with the "odd rods"?

AC

Adam - You may want to try David's suggestion: All this really takes is drilling three wee holes in a straight line, cutting a few bits of wire and a dab of super glue for each. The extending wire can then be clipped and bent straight, to make them line up. I did this on my 1/72 Foxhound and it came out nice and clean and scale-looking.

The plastic parts for small antennae like ODD RODS are usually fatter than they need to be, to beef up the small, brittle plastic part. And then there's often the unsightly seem line running right through it...good luck trimming that.

Your call, obviously, but give David's method a try on a hulk, and see.

I was just going to message you today but then I saw this post. I'm sorry. I couldn't find anything in my spares box. I thought for sure I had something since I'd built some Soviet-made aircraft in different markings of air forces that had removed them. I'd also recommend Dave's suggestion too. It does sounds like it would work much better.

Again, I'm sorry I couldn't help.