Back To The Bench....1957 FORD

Circumstances have kept me away from the hobby most of the year, but I was finally able to get back to the bench recently. Doing a 57 Ford Club Victoria. Other than the valve stems on the rims the chassis is done along with most of the engine.

On the chassis I scratchbuilt the parking brake assembly from evergreen plastic and necklace wire. The brake and fuel lines are wire from luggage tickets. The small dogdish hubcaps are resin pieces from Modelhaus.

A 312 "Thunderbird V8" will power this Ford. Its wired and plumbed and the air cleaner intake was opened and an air filter made from typing a long list of "i" and then printing them off. The power steering pump is from an AMT 58 Edsel kit.

I do hope to make it to the Derby City Shootout this month and with any luck this one will be ready.

Thanks for looking,

Raisin

P1011778.jpg

P1011781.jpg

P1011777.jpg

P1011773.jpg

It is good to see you back at it. I noticed you have not been posting here for a while.

I like the fuel lines and the overall look of the underside is well done. I'm not familiar with thit kit but I have never seen a weld/rivet seam on kit mufflers before. Was that your doing?

Best of luck getting her done in time for the show. Sometimes a deadline is a good thing.

Nice work - Looking forward to seeing the finished item!

• 3 weeks later...

Glad to see your back at. Summers are like for me too.

Chris

• 1 month later...

Great work! There are additional references for Ford Motor Co. archives through Silverado Publishing Co., P.O. Box 393,St. Helena Ca., 94574 . Mr. Loren Sorensen, Publisher. The specific Hardbound book, "Ford's Golden Fifties" is available. ISBN 0-942636-05-8. I do not have a website for Silverado Publishing yet. Although I am an aircraft modeler, I have a fondness for cars I saw when I was growing up in the fifties. I hope this is of some help to you guys. Best,

Mark (alias aAzZ09)