Eduard 1/32 Bf-109E-1

66Foxtrot

This is the Eduard 1/32 Bf-109E-1, built straight OOB. I completed this 2 months ago. It's also the last model I've completed...

"Yellow 2", 6./JG 52, Husum, Germany, 1940.

Finished with Gunze acrylics & lacquers, Model Master Acryl, and Vallejo acrylics. Light weathering with an acrylic wash in the panel lines.

EduardBf109E126.jpg

EduardBf109E136.jpg

EduardBf109E131.jpg

EduardBf109E142.jpg

EduardBf109E140.jpg

EduardBf109E130.jpg

EduardBf109E143.jpg

James a fine build as always. That is one sweet 109. Journal Article? Please. And welcome back to the lodge.

Ronald F.Thorne Jr

Guest Bun E. Carlos

Hey Whiskey Boy...........with all of the Hoopla over the Glassware, how was the fit??? Mighty fine paint job!!!

Hey Whiskey Boy...........with all of the Hoopla over the Glassware, how was the fit??? Mighty fine paint job!!!

The fit is very good, Bun E. Boy....;) All of the hoopla was over the shape of the E-4 canopy. I won't rehash any of it here. As far as I know, the fit of that version is OK, too, but the shape is inherently incorrect. Eduard has listened to the masses, though, and is producing a corrected canopy for the E-4 which will be available this Fall. No word on pricing.

Nice work. Looks like I may have to pick one of these up afterall!

Excellent Emil! The camo looks sharp and the instruments on the main panel are stunning! Is that the kit panel (painted), or does it come with a decal, or some other type of instrument material? Lovely build!

GIL :smiley16:

It's all pre-colored PE, Gil.

I was sure that IPMS had reviewed this kit, as it's release was pretty major back in February. I don't see it in the Review's list, though. Must've been somewhere else. Swore it was here, though....

It's all pre-colored PE, Gil.

I was sure that IPMS had reviewed this kit, as it's release was pretty major back in February. I don't see it in the Review's list, though. Must've been somewhere else. Swore it was here, though....

No, we don't have it up -- I do not think someone has it out either, but could be wrong. We're on a pull system with Eduard these days -- they send a list, we ask for what we'll build, and that's what they send -- so no one may have wanted it.

• 2 weeks later...

Beautiful build; with the canopy open I can not see the problem there. The engine and miscellaneous stuff in the compartment looks incredible.

Beautiful build; with the canopy open I can not see the problem there. The engine and miscellaneous stuff in the compartment looks incredible.

As James noted above, the canopy shape issue is with the E-3 kit, and Eduard has corrected the shape and will issue the corrected canopy in their E-4/E-7 kit. The E-1 canopy is correct....

Ralph

As James noted above, the canopy shape issue is with the E-3 kit, and Eduard has corrected the shape and will issue the corrected canopy in their E-4/E-7 kit. The E-1 canopy is correct....

Ralph

Ralph and all,

Has Eduard said anything about replacing the canopies on the alreadfy issued kits?

Ralph and all,

Has Eduard said anything about replacing the canopies on the alreadfy issued kits?

The last post I saw on the subject indicates "No". However, I don't know if they've re-thought that....it would be the right thing to do.

I guess the answer will come in one of their newsletters....

Ralph