Who reads all these reviews anyway?

Ron Bell

I can tell you for a fact that MRC reads reviews of their subjects. The reason I know this is......

I wrote a review of the Academy DaVinci Rolling Ball Timer ( http://web.ipmsusa3.org/?page=5 ), It was a fun little project that I somehow managed to screw up by being too thorough in my cleaning up of parts, which made three particularly important parts that were suppose to fit tightly, fit loosely, thereby ruining the mechanism. Well, someone at MRC read this review, went to the trouble of finding my address (probably not hard to do but still they had to take the time to do it), determined which parts I had messed up (I did not name them in the review), and completely unsolicited sent me the exact replacement parts that I needed. They even included a copy of my review and a note that said "We hope the enclosed parts will help get your model up and running." I haven't gotten such good service from some companies that I have written to.

It goes to show that the manufacturers read the reviews and they matter to them. It's one more way we're impacting the modeling community.

• Like 2

Who'd have thunk it! And you're right, very good service. We often hear when things go awry, but we don't often bother to mention when we get good service. So will you actually repair it?

GIL :smiley16:

Actually, quite a few

Hobbico Hasegawa posts all the links to their Facebook page. Casemate, Osprey and other book sellers list them under reviews on their web site. And we get them spread through Twitter and Google too. Other manufacturers too

We get feedback too on the reviews from modelers including some additions and corrections and routinely go back and update if needed

This is a great benefit for those members interested and in the end, and most importantly, it focuses on modeling which is what this is all about

Dave

• Like 1