compressor complaint

Chuckboy44

Hi all,

Several months ago I bought a "Whisper" air compressor online and was very happy with it. Last week the pressure regulator broke. Now Very little air comes through and the adjustment knob has no effect. The motor and pump seem fine. It's out of warranty and I'm wondering if anyone knows of a business that might be able to repair it. I have contacted the online source with the same question. If I have to I'll buy a new compressor I'll do it but if anyone has comments or info to share I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,

Chuck

Chuck:

I would think the pressure regulator could be replaced. Did you get it at Micromark and contact them or try contacting the maker?

Pressure regulator is a relatively cheap part and I wouldn't give up yet. If you could get the thing unstuck, you could add a new regulator to the line to fix your air flow too.

Dave

Hi Dave,

Thanks very much for your response. I did in fact, buy the compressor from Micromark and I talked with them this morning. It turns out that they have a repair service in house. I shipped the compressor to them today. I'll see how it works out. Thanks again,

Regards,

Chuck

• 4 weeks later...

Dave and All,

Big shout out to Micromark! I shipped them my crippled Whisper compressor and they fixed it, sent it back and did not charge me even though It was out of warranty. Great customer service!!!

Regards,

Chuck

• Like 3