Gun Set up upper turret

RONBO

I am working on the M3 Lee And I am doing a IPMS OOB build just what is in the kit. But I am trying to figure out. The big tube to the right of the cannon on the upper turret is a counterweight. Is the thin tube a sighting machine gun Under the 47MM? Or do I have this all wrong? Thanks in advance.

Ronald F.Thorne Jr.

Ron,

The upper turret was armed with the M6 37mm gun. The "tube" to the right of the 37mm gun is supposed to be a M1919A4 .30cal MG and the tube underneath is the recuperator for the M6 gun.

Also, the Monogram kit is, IIRC, closer to 1:32 scale. I hope they release all the oldie tank & half-track kits, those were the first armor kits I built back in the early-70s.

Have fun building the Lee,

Greg

Thanks one and all. Mr Honanie the Monogram kit must be a different version because even tho the 37mm seems to be the right size the tube to the right is as big as a 105 mm also on the Monogram kit the tube under the 37mm seems very small. I know the kits 1/32 scale. I just wonder what Monogram used to make their M3 Lee. Mr Harting Your right I spent my hard earned allowance to buy all those kit back then. Age 11-12. I have the kit almost done and ready for paint for a contest on Saturday and using IPMS OOB rules I want to drill the right barrels. Once again thank you.

Ronald F.Thorne Jr