Warhammer 40k - VALKYRIE

pyrman

Well, here's what I've done so far on the Warhammer 40k Imperial Guard Valkyrie:

the cockpit is painted, but awaiting final paint & assembly of pilot & weapons officer

Valkyriecockpit.jpg

cargo/troop bay and ramp

ValkyrieRear.jpg

left hand side

ValkyrieLHS.jpg

Once I've installed the wings, I'll be able to start painting it. I still haven't decided on a definite paint scheme, but I'm leaning toward a desert camo - probably an Afrika grunbraun over desert yellow or Afrika braun.

Is that a Games Workshop or Forge World kit? I have only built armor subjects from the Games Workshop line with an occasional Forge World hop up. Love painting armored vehicles bright gaudy colors. Change from the sand or olive drab that I usually do.

Mark

How about a wild "splinter pattern"?

Is that a Games Workshop or Forge World kit? I have only built armor subjects from the Games Workshop line with an occasional Forge World hop up. Love painting armored vehicles bright gaudy colors. Change from the sand or olive drab that I usually do.

Mark, it's the GW kit - retails for about $58.00 (wife got mine for 45 :smiley20: )

How about a wild "splinter pattern"?
Hmmmm.....that would be interesting. I have toyed with the idea of a lozenge pattern on the upper horizontal surfaces (twin-booms, wings, elevators, cargo/troop area.)

Today I installed the wings & upper nose supplimental armor.

Greg,

Not sure if you saw my Fledermaus in last months Gallery but I did a simple tan and green with grey undersides. Looked pretty striking when I added the white nose and wing tips.

Mark

Simon, thx for the compliment.

Mark, saw your Fledermaus....that's cool looking. I was actually thinking of painting the nose section(forward of the cockpit white) and a white stripe on each of the tail booms (aft of the cargo section.) I'm planning on using the P-47 nose art decals included in an earlier journal issue, since I don't build aircraft.

Simon, thx for the compliment.

Mark, saw your Fledermaus....that's cool looking. I was actually thinking of painting the nose section(forward of the cockpit white) and a white stripe on each of the tail booms (aft of the cargo section.) I'm planning on using the P-47 nose art decals included in an earlier journal issue, since I don't build aircraft.

Your quite welcome, thanks for posting this! :smiley20:

Pyrman, that is cool! Can't wait to see it in camo. Also, that is brilliant that you're gonna use the Journal decals for this. That will really look awesome!

I don't do aircraft either. I went out to my LHS and bought a 1/32 Superscale set for a ME-262 to get the crosses I used on mine. Of course, the rest of the set is in my spares box. I love looking through my spares box when I start decalling my WarHammer miniatures. You can use just about anything. I have numerous different HO and O scale decals that look really neat on some of the figures.

Mark

Digital camo would look great. At the Seattle and NOPMS shows, there was a gorgeous F-18 done in digital camo. It was very impressive. Especially since it was a 1/72 model.

Digital Camo...
DigiCam would be very interesting....not sure I have enough Valium, though. :unsure:

Household-6 (aka SWMBO) has suggested basic black, as it would make the journal decals stand out more.

I think that a decal company over in Japan does Digi-Camo decals!! And is available from Hobby Link Japan, that might be easier than painting it. Just an idea. At the Nats last year, I bought a decal sheet for the Tamiya Hetzer that provides the "ambush scheme". Sorry but I tossed the header, so I don't know/remember who did it, but I do know HL-J has them.

I too can't wait to see it finished.