Fug 10 Radio ?

TimDarrah

I was reading the old Squadron book "Blitzkrieg" in prep to build a BEF Matilda and I saw a cool photo of a Luftwaffe Sd.Kfz. 223 with just WL on the number plate along with the 7th Panzer Division markings on it.

Doing some research on the vehicle I found that I'll need a Fug 10 radio for this vehicle (the Hobby Boss kit I have ordered does not have any radios in it at all according to the reviews I've read). So might anyone know if any aftermarket company makes the Fug 10 sets? I'm sure that I can scratchbuild them but I'm lazy and would rather just buy a set already made up.

The vehicle actually had a medium-range radio, the Fug 10 and a long range one and I'm almost 100% certain I have an extra in my spares box. I'm going to get the Tank Workshops interior set to use for this vehicle.

Thanks,

Tim

Edited by TimDarrah

FWIW, I doubt you want to buy another kit just for the radio(s), but Dragon's #6592--Sd.Kfz.251/17 Ausf. C (a 2-in-1 kit) contains a massive early war radio set if you wish to build the vehicle as some sort of 1942 "Hermann Goring" Division command vehicle.

I need to say that I am NOT any sort of expert on WWII German radios, but according to the box, this is a Fu5 and Fu7 radio set (five major components in separate racks) that can be assembled in different configurations.

May be worth looking at (?) if it may work for you.

Edited by RickCummelin

Rick,

I hadn't thought of that kit & I have one on the shelf. Will have to see if it has what I need.

Thanks for the idea.

Tim

• 1 month later...

Tim, did you ever find the Fug 10 radio you were looking for? If not, I have quite a few German radios in my parts box I could sort through, but I need to know what I'm looking for.

If you could post a photo or a link to a photo of a Fug 10 I can see if I have one.

Rick,

Thanks. I have the Tank Workshops complete interior for the 223 and it comes with the radios. I was doing the research before I bought the set.

Thanks,

Tim