Rosewell Alien Tribute

Roktman

I always have at least 2 kits going at the same time. while I was waiting for parts of DeNiro to dry I got to work on this little alien kit. Super simple and quick to finish -

001.JPG

001a.JPG

002.JPG

003.JPG

004.JPG

(This angle is for a good look at the crashed saucer)

Thanks for looking. As usual, CCs are welcomed.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Really nice painting too. The hint of colors below the skin is outstanding.

Thanks. I used one of 2 "techniques" the GK guys to do bring the skin alive. One is to flick tiny drops of many colors of paint on the skin and then lightly do a top coat to settle the drops underneath. I first saw this watching Rafael Robledo work - https://youtu.be/tQizFgzbvYY

BTW, This guy is absolutely amazing.

But I can't get the dot of paint tiny enuff so I do the older technique of just doing squiggles all over the skin -

009%2B%25282%2529.JPG

I used red, blue, yellow, green and a little purple over a light gray primer. I Spray a clear coat after every 2 colors so if I screwed up the last color and I need to remove the goof, I wouldn't go all the way to the base or even worse the primer coat. Rafael suggest a clear coat after every color until you get used to the technique.

After the last clear coat was dry I hit it with the flesh color, but making sure not to apply it too heavy so that all the other colors disappear. It's tough to know when enuff is enuff - so go slow.

Thanks. I used one of 2 "techniques" the GK guys to do bring the skin alive. One is to flick tiny drops of many colors of paint on the skin and then lightly do a top coat to settle the drops underneath. I first saw this watching Rafael Robledo work - https://youtu.be/tQizFgzbvYY

But I can't get the dot of paint tiny enuff so I do the older technique of just doing squiggles all over the skin -

009%2B%25282%2529.JPG

I used red, blue, yellow, green and a little purple over a light gray primer. I Spray a clear coat after every 2 colors so if I screwed up the last color and I need to remove the goof, I wouldn't go all the way to the base or even worse the primer coat. Rafael suggest a clear coat after every color until you get used to the technique.

After the last clear coat was dry I hit it with the flesh color, but making sure not to apply it too heavy so that all the other colors disappear. It's tough to know when enuff is enuff - so go slow.

Wow...that is excellent! Thank you for sharing this picture and the information!

Nailed the sickly gray-green skin color! Also, how did you do the eyes? They look flawlessly glossy.

GIL :smiley16:

Thanks.

The skin color is Vallejo's Gray White or is it White Gray over light gray primer and the squiggle technique I described previously...

edit: I looked and it's White Gray. The paints are arrange by a position number on the rack at the store (and my paint rack at home). :smiley2: They are grouped together that way rather than by their stock numbers which are all over the place. So the White Gray is 151.

I hate to admit the eyes are done simply with black paint and a brush. I almost never use gloss paint, but Vallejo has a Gloss Black that goes on VERY smooth. I won't say it's self leveling, but it appears to me to do that.

Wow...that is excellent! Thank you for sharing this picture and the information!

You're quite welcome. I have no secrets, so if I can pass something on and help someone else, it's all good.

If you really like Figures, I would definitely subscribe to Rafael's YT channel. IMHO he's better than amazing.

• 2 months later...

Put a curly haired wig on that thing and I think i dated it in high school. Jeesh, I'd have gone out with anything that would have me.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Put a curly haired wig on that thing and I think i dated it in high school. Jeesh, I'd have gone out with anything that would have me.

Hehe you and me both. ;)