Resin Zimmerit ?

TimDarrah

Besides Cavalier, who else makes resin zimmerit? I know there are other manufacturers, but right now I can't remember who.

I'm looking for a set for my DML #6022 Pz IV, Ausf. J, Late. I'm going to be using my Bison Decals #35041 "Battle of Balaton Hungary, 1945".

I've looked on e-Bay on only found the Eduard metal zimmerit, while I haven't used those, I just don't like the look of their zimmerit. Looks too flat.

Thanks,

Tim

Thanks Rob, I forgot about them & I've used their stuff before!!!

Don't you just hate the "Can't Remeber S---" syndrome?

I'll scope them out

I've used Eduard and Part (from Poland) PE zimmerit in 1/72 scale. In the smaller scales, it is Ok. Verlinden does some 1/35 stuff in PE too I think. My only Cavalier set is for the 1/48 scale Tamiya King Tiger. Looks pretty good and easy to work with.

I was fortunate when I bought the Cavalier stuff; Great Model had a clearance and mismarked it as 1/32 scale, but it was 1/48 scale. Paid a real low price, plus I'm not all that into doing German armor, but even I knew that the Porsche turret King Tiger needed zimmerit.

Dang, sorry Tim, there was a vendor at AMPS/Danbury this weekend with some, looked like a complete line. Unfortunately I didn't pay enough attention to remember who.

I looked on the show website, but none of the names ring a bell - maybe ask on the AMPS forum.

Ralph,

You know that I'm lazy :-)

John,

Thanks for the info, I'll see what I can find.

Rob,

I've used Cavalier before and love the way they look and ease of use as well.

Thanks all.

Tim

Mind you, since the Pz IV I want to build was destroyed in early 45, who knows if the zimmeritt was even on it? We ll know that was discontinued in mid-44.