vallejo white paint LARGE ?

schooner

​Hi Guys ( Newbie Still Here )

​I've been looking to no avail for Vallejo Model Air " White Paint "

​All I see is 17ml and nothing LARGER !

​Question(s) Please:

​Does Vallejo Paint Co. made WHITE ACRYLIC paint in a larger bottle ?

​If so, can you guys give me a website were I can buy a BIGGER BOTTLE.

THANKS GUYS

post-3123-0-14480200-1492212565_thumb.jpg

I cannot speak to Vallejo paints specifically, but since you're new to the hobby, don't be surprised if there isn't a more "economical" size.

Unlike "art" paints and other craft paints that you may find in larger sizes to accommodate use by class sized groups; hobby paint makers tend to stick to one size, or two at most. They do not give we model builders any kind of "break" that allows us to buy in "bulk". In 40+yrs of buying various brands of hobby paint, I can't recall any one that did that.

However, I am a married man and (thus) could be wrong! So, best of luck in your search!

GIL :smiley16:

According to my Vallejo paint list, they only do the smaller bottle. If you want/need a large bottle of white, why not try the Tamiya version, their small bottle is 10ml and they have 23ml bottles as well.

Tim

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, what the others have said - Vallejo paints only come in the small dropper bottles. BUT Vallejo does have White Primer in a large (200mL) bottle.

I use Vallejo exclusively and can vouch for their primers. Not priming? I use the white primer as regular paint - it goes on easier - and then hit it with clear satin/gloss - whatever I need.

https://smile.amazon.com/Vallejo-White-Primer-Acrylic-Polyurethane/dp/B0063TQ7HW/ref=sr_1_2?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1493049264&sr=1-2&keywords=Vallejo+white+primer

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I actually like Vallejo for brush painting but never have great success airbrushing with the stuff. Tip dry is horrendous, you will want to use their special thinner for best results. I usually shoot Tamiya with my guns or Gunze and find the results much better. There are plenty of YouTube videos that address the problems of shooting Vallejo. I would suggest watching a few before deciding on the product.

Here's a link to a YouTube video I think you should watch. Everything this guy says about Vallejo issues I agree 100%. but his solution? I'm not sure his trick is the complete answer.

https://youtu.be/e0sft8myRRI

Edited by spiralcity

Not that I officially represent Vallejo, but as someone who is thoroughly satisfied with it - sorry your having a problem.

In all honestly I only got 1/2 thru the video you linked - the guy just took way to long to get to the point. I turned it off after the was mentioning the part about putting the agitator in the bottle. If he looked at the documentation - and yes there's a lot of it in small font - it says to NOT shake the bottle but to roll it between you hands. If he doesn't want to add extra "stuff" to the a/b cup, maybe add a little water or flow improver to the bottle. Pretty much the same way how a few YouTubers tell how to make Tamiya paint airbrushable right out of the jar by adding thinner directly to a jar...

For me I use an a/b with a .3 or .03 needle (whatever its) and set the compressor to about 17-18psi (documentations says to use "less than 20psi").

I roll the paint bottle to mix it. I then add 3 or 4 drops of flow improver to paint cup, then 2 or 3 drops of paint, then I take the paint brush I'm going to mix it with and dip it in water first and then mix it all together.

When I finish the cup of paint I put a few drops of water in and spray that, then add more paint if I need to keep going. I will also take that same paint brush and with water rub it over the tip of the needle to remove any paint that has dried on the tip (usually very little).

If I'm finished, then I do the drops of water, to clean out much of the remaining paint. Then I add squirt a little of the Cleaner - I use Iwata Cleaner - give it a blast then swirl with the brush to get whatever paint is left around the cup, and spray till all the liquid is gone. Then I'm good to go for the next time or the next color. HTH

Not that I officially represent Vallejo, but as someone who is thoroughly satisfied with it - sorry your having a problem.

In all honestly I only got 1/2 thru the video you linked - the guy just took way to long to get to the point. I turned it off after the was mentioning the part about putting the agitator in the bottle. If he looked at the documentation - and yes there's a lot of it in small font - it says to NOT shake the bottle but to roll it between you hands. If he doesn't want to add extra "stuff" to the a/b cup, maybe add a little water or flow improver to the bottle. Pretty much the same way how a few YouTubers tell how to make Tamiya paint airbrushable right out of the jar by adding thinner directly to a jar...

For me I use an a/b with a .3 or .03 needle (whatever its) and set the compressor to about 17-18psi (documentations says to use "less than 20psi").

I roll the paint bottle to mix it. I then add 3 or 4 drops of flow improver to paint cup, then 2 or 3 drops of paint, then I take the paint brush I'm going to mix it with and dip it in water first and then mix it all together.

When I finish the cup of paint I put a few drops of water in and spray that, then add more paint if I need to keep going. I will also take that same paint brush and with water rub it over the tip of the needle to remove any paint that has dried on the tip (usually very little).

If I'm finished, then I do the drops of water, to clean out much of the remaining paint. Then I add squirt a little of the Cleaner - I use Iwata Cleaner - give it a blast then swirl with the brush to get whatever paint is left around the cup, and spray till all the liquid is gone. Then I'm good to go for the next time or the next color. HTH

To be honest, if it were only me having the problem, I would never even mention the issues. The truth is it's many, many, many people experiencing the same issues. The Vallejo Air line should not be so frustrating to use for anyone. The paint is made to shoot through a gun, having to add retarders and what not is an added headache. I use Tamiya and Gunze issue free nearly 99.9% of the time, and that includes very few issues with tip dry. The video I posted in my link is one of hundreds stating the same issues over and over again. From my personal experience I agree 100% with what is being stated in most of the videos.

I do like the Vallejo paints, but I tend to use them only for brushing.

Edited by spiralcity