Opening Super Glue Bottles

When we get those little plastic bottles of Super Glue, we have to cut the tip of the spout off to use the glue. I learned last night that I should remove the cap from the bottle before removing the tip. I didn't and realized that the bottle had built up some pressure inside. Maybe a low pressure area was passing, I don't know but when I cut the tip off, I had super glue spraying over my work bench. Fortunately, it was aiming away from me and the model that I was working on but I now have a sanding stick that is very smooth plus I had to do a lot of quick mopping up. Man, that stuff sure makes the eyes burn also.

Just a tip based on my dumb move. I hope to save others from maybe having a worse result.

Clare

Glad there was no worse damage...sanding sticks are cheap to replace...or injury. If the bottle had been pointed anywhere in the direction of your eyes, it could have been extremely serious!

Thanks for the tip, Clare!

Just another reason that I buy the CHEAP 4 tubes for a buck superglue. You have to remove the entire top and cut open the top of the tube. Sure, you can still apply too much pressure and spill it out, but the hole is bigger, there's less pressure, and generally it just runs over the sides and glues your fingers to the tube.....Thanks for the heads-up. We handle things like that so often without mishap that we fall into bad habits and routines. A reminder like yours goes a long way! Cheers!

GIL :smiley16:

I will never forget the first time I super glued my whole had to the table. I knocked over the tube and it used out into a puddle and I placed my hand right in it. Five minute drying time my rear. I was never so embarrassed in all my life. Of course, using a razor blade to remove my hand from the 1/2 glass table top was not fun either.

Mark

I will never forget the first time I super glued my whole had to the table. I knocked over the tube and it used out into a puddle and I placed my hand right in it. Five minute drying time my rear. I was never so embarrassed in all my life. Of course, using a razor blade to remove my hand from the 1/2 glass table top was not fun either.

Mark

Which is why I keep debonder right next to me -- and have had to use it a few times.

I think there was a super glue remover on the market at the time...However, I didn't think I would look too cool walking into the local Kmart with a 2x4 sheet of glass attached to my hand. Plus, I don't think I could have driven my car to the Kmart either.