Oxygen bottles in Italian WWII aircraft?

davenport49

Most O2 bottles are either yellow, green or blue.....

Now, not to be a wet blanket, but two questions:

1) Will these be easily visible in any way once the model is complete? and,

2) Exactly how many people who view you model do you think will know (or care) what color the O2 bottle is?

I'm not trying to be argumentative. If accuracy to THAT degree is important to YOU, and you will NOT be happy if you think the O2 bottle color is wrong or suspect; then by all means, pursue this til you get a definitive answer.

Also, keep in mind that even if it is visible, when it comes to IPMSUSA judging, it willbe judged on how neatly it was painted (bottle, straps, fittings, etc.); and not on the color.

If you're doing this in order to please others, judges, or "critics", then I think you'd be safe if you pick a logical color and move on.

Gil :smiley16:

Edited by ghodges

Thanks for the info and the comments, Gil. Yes, I believe the bottles will be visible in the cockpit when complete. And I appreciate your words of caution. I wasn't really thinking about judges, but was simply trying to be as authentic/accurate as I can. So as I was putting this together, I suddenly realized I didn't have any idea what I was working with. This will be helpful.

For what it's worth, there's a guy on a FB vacuform page I frequent who's building and detailing a Cant-Z1007bis, and his O2 bottles appear to be blue.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1455154617868231&set=pcb.1350577255012511&type=3&theater

Hope this helps!

GIL :smiley16:

Richard, you must be living right! This link to a page devoted to references on Italian aircraft was posted this morning on Hyperscale:

http://www.cmpr.it/manuali.htm

It's in Italian, and many of the pics seem to be in b/w; but it may help you with your build. Cheers!

GIL :smiley16: