QuickBoost P-38J intake review

Mark Aldrich

OK Airplane fans, I have a quetion? While I was perusing the review section I checked out this review. Mr. Guenther did an excellent job, by the way, comparing both the Quickboost "corrected" against the kit provided. How can quickboost tote this as "correct" when the additional work will ruin so much surface detail? By the way, the quickboost is on the left.

MarkQuickboost.jpg

David,

While I agree with your assessment, Would it not have been better for Quickboost to redo the whole Nacelle (I hope that's the correct terminology) and released a better set? I am looking at this from the amount of correction that would be needed to flare in the piece to match the rest of it. I feel for anyone attempting that job.

Mark

Mark:

I would expect that more of Aires. QB is meant to be inexpensive and simple replacements (they are that side of Aires- our contact is even the same). I expect fit is left to the modeler

Dave

Looks like one of those projects you compare the part fit and put the whole thing away for another day. The day that never comes!

Dick,

Just thought that whoever gets those is in for a terrible time. I reviewed their 773 liter spitfire slip tank and I thought it fit like a glove during the test fit stage.

Mark

David,

While I agree with your assessment, Would it not have been better for Quickboost to redo the whole Nacelle (I hope that's the correct terminology) and released a better set? I am looking at this from the amount of correction that would be needed to flare in the piece to match the rest of it. I feel for anyone attempting that job.

Mark

Mark,

I completely agree. That is what I'd love to have had them do. However, as an aircraft modeler, I live to be disappointed. :smiley14:

I glanced at the review when it posted...but didn't click on the pics...and thought that I might pick up a set when I finally get around to building that Academy P-38 kit sitting on my shelf. Looking at this more closely now, and seeing that huge step...I think I'd save the money, build using the kit parts, and just learn to live with any inaccuracies.

By the way.....This is the reason I love the review section. If I were a airplane builder and was thinking of getting this set, I now know I NEVER would. Great job to the reviewer for showing such a issue in the review.

Mark

I'm with you guys....if THAT is the "correct" size, I'll live with the kit parts. Could you imagine trying to do a NMF after recontouring the front end of the naccelles? And, what's worse is your going to lose some of the that already itty-bitty front end as you sand it along with the rest of the nacelle. No thanks......

GIL :smiley16:

• 2 weeks later...