SANDING ?

schooner

Hi Guys (Newbie)

Just finished spraying primer out of rattle can.

Do I have to go over it with sandpaper? If so, what grit do I start with & end with.

Thank ALL your great guys 4 helping me out in the past & hopefully in the near future.

If the primer has a rough sandpaper-like finish, then yes, you should sand it. I'd start with 400 grit and gradually work your way up (600-grit, 800-grit, etc.) until the surface is completely smooth, then finish off with a rubdown with a micro cloth. For best results, when you change grits, sand at right angles to the previous effort.

Hi SkyKing

THANKS 4 helping out and putting on the right track. YES the primer is rough. I have all the grades of sandpaper to use.

Another question about your user name: SkyKing.

Why I ask is I don't how old you are I'm 76 However, years ago on TV before Google, Youtube and all the sort of stuff.

As a young kid I use to watch (in black and white) the TV show called SKYKING.

The hero flew a single engine plan and solve crimes.

Is that were you got your user name ?

THANKS AGAIN 4 ALL YOUR HELP

GOD BLESS

Schooner :smiley16:

The hero of "Skyking" always flew a twin-engined aircraft in the series. Nicknamed "Songbird," in the early episodes of the series, he flew a Cessna T-50 Bobcat. Later, he flew.a Cssna 310B. I preferred the Bobcat and around age 8, I scratch built one out of cardboard that came in my Dad's shirts from the dry -cleaners. It was not exactly "Best in Show!" Nick

Thanks 4 the correct facts.

GOD BLESS

Nick is correct. Sky's original airplane was a Cessna T-50 Bobcat (ex-USAAF UC-78, N67832), followed by Cessna 310B N5348A.

I'm 70 and watched the TV show religiously on Saturday mornings. I took "SkyKing" as my forum ID from my interest in the show and the aircraft used. I'm currently working on a book about the T-50.

There were some single-engined aircraft featured in the TV show. Sky's nephew Clipper flew a Cessna 140, and in one episode a Beech Bonanza appears with the "Flying Crown" logo of Sky's ranch painted on the side.

"Fire up the Songbird, Penny." (Penny was Sky's niece, played by the extremely cute Gloria Winters.)