Egyptian T-34/100

Mark Aldrich

Thanks Bill!!!

Rob,

This is copied off the AA site....

This 1/35th scale conversion by Jon Bottomley converts the DML T34/85 to the Egyptian T34-100 100mm SPG, also using the ICM Soviet 100mm BS-3 gun kit.

The conversion features hollow turret with opening roof panels/hatches, internal detail, ammunition, and drivers & fighting compartment details. External fuel tanks, smoke units and some other hull fittings are also provided along with a replacement engine deck air inlet panel with etched brass mesh and other smaller fittings.

This product is a Double Conversion set and two donor plastic kits are needed to make the vehicle shown in the images.

This breaks down to complete hollow cast turret, All turret panels, a couple interior bits(lights, elevation or deflection handwheel [there is only one included]) and seat, drivers compartment [there are two seats but I have no idea whether or not a radio operator/hull gunner was ever used. There is no radio included with the set. Fighting compartment shell with 6 ammo cases, PE consists of a mesh grill, antenna mount and some shelf box that fits to the lower rear hull between the tow pintles (no idea what this was used for), the smoke cans on the rear hull, fuel pump box, gun cradle for rear hull, and SPO (fancy self recovery tow cable system).

The conversion was designed for the Dragon T-34/85M(3318) and the old SkiF 100mm gun. I opted to use the Trumpeter release(2331). The only issue was I spent about a day gluing the elevation and deflection mechanisms and handwheels only to not have them fit into the turret. Not sure what is different in the Skif kit but The kit intructions tell you to build it gun kit to a certain point and as I did not have the kit, I had no idea where to stop. I assumed the mechanisms were needed. However, after I got the gun in the turret, there is almost no room. I have no idea how the driver or hull gunner ever got into their positions unless they both entered through the driver's hatch.

• 3 weeks later...