My first airplane in 20 years - MV-22 (done)

JMorgan

Hey all,

I usually build armor but decided to give an airplane (sort of) a try. The last time I did an airplane was 20 years ago. I actually built this one in it's original release when I was 16.

I did the kit out of the box except for the nacelles. I modified them to be slightly rotated forward as if in transition. The stripes on the blades were masked and spray painted versus using the decals.

I know this model isn't upto current Marine Corps specifications, but I just wanted to try an aircraft.

Thanks for looking and any comments are welcomed.

-Jesse

Osprey1.jpg

Osprey2.jpg

Osprey3.jpg

The only Marine Corp spec it's lacking is enough dirt! :smiley2: That looks GREAT to me, and your painted prop tips came out perfect. You returned to the "light" side with success, padawan.....Thanks for posting!

GIL :smiley16:

Thanks for all of the kind replys. Much of the weathering and some of the coloring was washed out due to my lousy picture taking. I built this kit primarily as a test-run trying to learn some of the techniques of aircraft modeling. For instance, this was the first time I masked a canopy. Anyway, this kit has got me motivated to do some more aircraft.

-Jesse