Handley Page HP 43

Nick Filippone

Can anyone suggest a source for or does anyone have in their archives a 3-view or plans for the Handley Page HP-43? Not the HP-42 airliner, but the bomber prototype HP-43. This was a 3 engined biplane derived from a 3 engined version ( never built) of the HP 42. I have several photos, but no plans in the Handley Page and British bomber standard references and my on-line search yields no drawings. Thank you. Nick Filippone

Sorry, Nick. I looked in Lewis' The British Bomber since 1914 (Putnam) and Barnes' Handley Page Aircraft since 1907 (Putnam) and found descriptions, dimensions, and several photos -- but no drawings. I can scan & send along what I have if you wish. I may have a few more places to peer into, some aviation magazines from the 30's but they aren't organized/indexed.

Nick,

This may be a long shot, but maybe if you posted your request on some of the British modeling web sites, like Britmodeler or Airfix Tribute Forum, those guys may have access to stuff we don't over here. I've gotten some pretty esoteric info out of them and I've also gotten nothing. Doesn't hurt to try.

John, You and I both made the same mistake. There is a drawing of the HP 43 in the Barnes book, but it is BEFORE the drawing of the HP 42! A colleague on Britmodeler pointed it out to me. So, thank you, John and Ron. Regards, Nick.

John, You and I both made the same mistake. There is a drawing of the HP 43 in the Barnes book, but it is BEFORE the drawing of the HP 42! A colleague on Britmodeler pointed it out to me. So, thank you, John and Ron. Regards, Nick.

Where is the embarrassed icon when I need it ? I didn't leaf through the whole chapter. Happy that you found it and have the info you need.