New membership recruiting tool for chapters

Ron Bell

We got a suggestion from a local chapter about a program to help both chapters and the national grow membership, One time that clubs have access to a large audience all at one time is at a local contest. It was suggested that if clubs could sell national memberships at the show at a reduced rate, with the face to face and face to model contact, more people might join the national and then be more inclined to join the local as well. The Eboard discussed the idea and have approved this program:

This program is applicable only to :
1. New members
2. Lapsed former members (gone for more than a year)
To summarize:
At an iPMS/USA recognized model show, currently chartered Chapters may sell IPMS/USA National Memberships at a discounted rate of:
  • $25/yr. for an Adult
  • $30/yr for a Family
  • $12/yr. for a Junior
There is no discount available to international memberships due to postage prices.

The local host provides the forms, collects the completed forms and payment, then sends the forms and one check for the total collected to IPMS/USA. Membership forms can be copied out of the IPMS/USA Journal or the Chapter newsletters. Lapsed members should provide their old IPMS/USA number if possible, New and lapsed members will receive their membership materials within several weeks.

This pricing is only available to new or non-current members. Current members cannot use it to renew or extend their memberships and are only available during the run of the show.
A promotional sign will be available on the iPMS/USA web site under the "For Members" section.
It is hoped this program will give chapters another tool in recruitment of new members. We'll track it and evaluate it after it's been up and running a while.
Ron Bell
President IPMS/USA

• 3 weeks later...

That membership ap looks much better than trying to copy and use the one from the Journal.

My only question is for the "payment ops" line; as my understanding is that the local club collects payment to THEM and then sends in ONE check to IPMSUSA along with all of the aps. It seems like an unneeded line outside of internal CLUB book keeping. My concern is that it implies you can write your ap check out to IPMSUSA instead of the local club.

Or, is IPMSUSA accepting individual checks along with any payment from the club to make up the difference, which would seem to be a change form the original proposal?

GIL :smiley16:

Tim, I believe the word you're seeking is "amnesty", and I fail to see how this is any form of amnesty. It is a reduced rate to join IPMS at an IPMS sanctioned show hosted by a chartered IPMS Chapter. No more, no less.

Ralph

Archived