2017 Nationals

I just did a search here on these Forums for information on the 2017 Nationals and the only Threads that popped up were E-board meeting Threads and a few others. Nothing about the nationals coming up in August this year in Omaha. So where is everything? Usually these Forums has a Thread about it and yet I found none. What am I missing here?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Thank you Nick. I rarely go to the homepage. Usually there's also a thread on these Forums for those of us who visit and post here.

On my way to go check it out now.

Mark,

I'm pretty frustrated ... did you find a thread about the convention?

In that regard, see anything about transportation between the convention site and airport?

Thanks,

Gene K

After a quick check of the official 2017 Convention Website, there doesn't appear to be any information about "transportation" to and from the airport. It was a quick scan so I may have missed the link.

Since no one reading this thread has any specific information related to your request about transportation perhaps it would be wise to check with the Convention Staff through the "Contact Us" list on the Convention website.

The link to that page is http://www.ipmsusa2017.com/index.cfm?mode=convention contacts.

Scanning that list I saw no one who'se job title was specific to "transportation" so I'd start with the Chairman and work my way down the list.

Go to the source, as it were.

In the end, if no information is forthcoming you can always call the hotel and ask if there is a shuttle service to/from the airport.

After a quick check of the official 2017 Convention Website, there doesn't appear to be any information about "transportation" to and from the airport. It was a quick scan so I may have missed the link

Thanks Eric and Dick. I did carefully check the Convention website, and also searched for threads/posts about transportation ... hence my frustration at not finding an answer to what should be a major topic on the Convention website. The only hotel I checked was Hampton Inn since Embassy Suites and Courtyard are sold out. They have no shuttle, but they recommended Uber, Cab or a limo service.

Gene K

EDIT: Scott Hackney, Convention Chairman, replied to my inquiry:

"We are working on it. I'm hoping to have an airport shuttle contract in place in the next two weeks".

Edited by GeneK

FWIW, I stayed in the Hampton last time around and enjoyed it. Nice place & staff. A very short walk across the road to the convention center.

Scott's reply to your email is a positive sign. He offers that he and the Convention Staff are working on the issue and might have an answer in two weeks. That leaves plenty of time prior to the convention, about 3 months.

Having looked at some shuttle companies and how they work with a group like IPMS, while one would think a shuttle service would be the best bet, sometimes Uber, Lyft, or taxi cabs will provide immediate response with no prior "reservations" required for a seat in the vehicle. Sometimes these shuttle services provide a vehicle with a capacity of 10 to 12 at a set price regardless of how many passengers are in the vehicle. Sometimes its a per person fee.

During the 2016 Convention I found that the shuttle ride from the airport to the hotel was free, but there was no service provided on Sunday heading back to the airport. No problem, the Concierge called a cab for me and it was waiting when I popped downstairs to check out and depart.

At any rate, sounds like Scott is "on it" and even if no shuttle service materializes you've got other options that are quick and simple.

The real problem isn't getting to and from the convention.....it's how to get your purchases home without overloading your suitcase!

FWIW, I stayed in the Hampton last time around and enjoyed it. Nice place & staff. A very short walk across the road to the convention center.

Thanks for that, Bob!

Scott's reply to your email is a positive sign.

Absolutely. I admire folks like him who accept such large challenges as heading a major convention!

Gene K