It's Not Quite a Ship...

Mark Deliduka

But it floats...

I finally finished this one after all this time. This is the Revell 1/72 scale Sport Fishing Boat that was the 50th anniversary re-release from Revell. I didn't do nearly as well as I'd hoped but this was a tough little boat to complete. Here it is with a couple guys in it looking for that next Big Catch:

Sport_Fishing_Boat_I.jpg

Sport_Fishing_Boat_II.jpg

Sport_Fishing_Boat_III.jpg

There it is. It ain't much but I'm happy with it and thrilled to have it in my collection.

Thanks all for looking in, comments are welcome.

• Like 1

Hi, Mark,

I have one of these boats in progress, and I am having my difficulties with the large gaps between parts. I opened up the forward hull portholes to fill them with clear glass. Note that the skipper and the fisherman are two different scales. The fisherman figure first turned up in the old Revell kit of the Sikorsky S-55 as its pilot (and again in the H-19). Nice job on the outriggers.

Ed

Thanks Ed! I hadn't noticed that about the two figures. I guess the one could now be considered a kid or a teenager. I agree about the gaps; they could be tough. I'm sure you'll be able to get it done well. I know there are things I would have done better if I'd known about them ahead of time.

Thanks again for stopping in and commenting, I'm looking forward to seeing what you get done on yours.