Toolbox Diorama

Jimmy

Anybody ever seen a workshop, speedshop built in a toolbox? Hopefully it will be done in time. 1940s shop in the bottom and a 1990 shop in the top. Easy carry handle, metal walls, what do you think??? :unsure: Mooneyes???

What a cool idea!! I hope you post some pictures when you get it finished!!

What a cool idea!! I hope you post some pictures when you get it finished!!

A few pics up are on my MySpace page, as are a lot of other model pics.....

myspace.com/kvsm

enjoy and please tell me what you think

Jimmy

IPMS# 36069

I went to look at your page but didn't see anything that looked like a Tool box Dio ? ? ? I saw a couple garages. Are you going to cut them down and fit them in a tool box? The car models that I saw looked pretty good too. I would like to see some close-ups of those. There has got to be a better way to share pics on this forum though. Having to go to a mySpace account & nose around for pictures, most of which are not model related, I felt a little like a perve peeking in the front window of your home. I guess I'm not a big mySpace fan. Sorry.

It is great to have you here though. I look forward to seeing more of your builds.

I went to look at your page but didn't see anything that looked like a Tool box Dio ? ? ? I saw a couple garages. Are you going to cut them down and fit them in a tool box? The car models that I saw looked pretty good too. I would like to see some close-ups of those. There has got to be a better way to share pics on this forum though. Having to go to a mySpace account & nose around for pictures, most of which are not model related, I felt a little like a perve peeking in the front window of your home. I guess I'm not a big mySpace fan. Sorry.

It is great to have you here though. I look forward to seeing more of your builds.

I am building the shops to fit in the toolbox, EASY TO CARRY, is the thought. Use the box as the walls. Sorry if you felt as if you were snoopen around. I will try to post a few pics here.

Thanks Jimmy

LOVE the,,,,,,,,,, beer 30, name

I am building the shops to fit in the toolbox, EASY TO CARRY, is the thought. Use the box as the walls. Sorry if you felt as if you were snoopen around. I will try to post a few pics here.

Thanks Jimmy

LOVE the,,,,,,,,,, beer 30, name

Sorry WRONG MySpace page, this is the model club page.

myspace.com/kvsm

jimmy

- Took a look-see at your model pics. Many cool things there. :smiley14: The garage in a tool box is very clever. :smiley20: If I saw the right ones, the build is coming along very nice too. If you get a chance and it's not too much of a hassle, can you post a few of the finished pics here? (Many folks here just add model pics to their photo-bucket and use the link button on the message page). Hope to see more and welcome aboard here. :smiley4:

• 1 month later...

Have y'all tried www.hobzob.com? It's kinda like myspace for hobbyists. It's put on by HobbyTown USA (I don't work for them) You can set up an account for modelers and for clubs. Each modeler can then put up pages for separate models.

Here's mine.

http://www.hobzob.com/garage/models/rushwal

For those of us not able go to NATS, how about a picture of this project?

I saw a photo of it last night at the IPMS/S.P.A.S.A.M. meeting. One of the guys showed over 400 shots from the Nats with a digital projector on a movie screen. This toolbox diorama idea was very well presented. Look at the tiny avatar on the first post here for a taste of what a larger photo would show. :smiley32:

Ed