B-24 in China

Vance

I am new to on-line discussions so please excuse any errors of etiquette. And I've been away from modelling for some years and am trying to gear up. I'd like to build a model of a B-24M serving in China in WWII with the 14th AF, 308th Bomb Gp, 374th BS. I'd appreciate any help on 1) marking and colors, and 2) tracking down a model of a B-24M or tips on fairly easy conversions. Thanks. Vance

I think the only M version was kitted by Academy/Minicraft in 1/72 scale. Not sure about the markings.

Yep, the Academy/Minicraft kit is the only B-24M in any scale. It was re-released two or three years ago, but I don't know if it's currently in production.

As for markings, I'd consult www.b24bestweb.com. It's my first stop for B-24 markings info.

SN

Hi Vance,

- Welcome aboard and welcome back to plastic modeling. :smiley31: I think it is safe to say that the folks here on the DF hope you get all the satisfaction possible from reading the tips and techniques here. I would have noted what the guys above have already, but they beat me to it. If you can't find the kit that they have recommended at any hobby shop, try eBay. Here's one right now, with a Buy It Now of $19.99 plus shipping to your place.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Academy-B-24M-Liberato...p3286.m20.l1116

Best of luck with your return model building debut. Model on Brother of the Sprue. :smiley14:

Here's one right now, with a Buy It Now of $19.99 plus shipping to your place.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Academy-B-24M-Liberato...p3286.m20.l1116

Hey Vance,

Welcome back to the club! The Lib referenced above has been discounted to $15.99, but ends in about 19 hours. The Academy kits are generally accepted as quite good representation of the B-24 so this one, or one like it, should be a great out of the box start up back into the modeling scene. Not sure about markings available either, so you my have to wing it unless someone else is able to point at a specific decal sheet/manufacturer. Good luck with this project, just remember "This is just a hobby" so have fun!