Tamiya Char B1

Bennetts

I built the Tamiya Char B1 out of the box and it was one of the easiest kits I have ever built especially for the amount of detail. I decided to paint it in the the experimental camouflage of Fantasque and used Echelon decals for the name and number markings. I think this has been the most fun build I have done in a long time actually regretted the finishing because wanted it to last longer. This is a rare feeling for me usually thank God that is over feeling.

post-458-0-87876100-1483656366_thumb.jpg

post-458-0-12958900-1483656382_thumb.jpg

post-458-0-32855000-1483656395_thumb.jpg

post-458-0-32481000-1483656410_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Wow....that's a camo I've never seen before! Did I understand you to say you actually painted those tree trunks and leaves on there; and only the name and numbers are decals? That's a really impressive and eye catching scheme!

GIL :smiley16:

Thanks Gil. Yes the forest was painted on over Tamiya paint ,airbrushed on, using vallejo acrylics and a #0 brush. If you google "Fantasque Char B1" you can find the whole story of the experimental paint. It had been brush painted on by a French artist using a textured paint. It was a failure for; in use it was quickly covered in dirt and grime and achieved nothing. Either way it sure was an interesting scheme.

Thank you Chuck. It is one of those seemed like a good idea at the time decisions.