1/32 F-106 and F-102

kdeuser

If you're willing to stretch you modeling legs, there are 1/32 vac kits of both of them!

http://combatmodels.us/

Kit #s 033 and 034 on the list...

You can buy the basic vac kit, and then also pay a bit more for some cast metal and resin "detail" parts to help get them built (highly recommended). While those detail parts are usually marginal, it's much easier to enhance and add to them than to scratchbuild entire cockpits and landing gear assemblies.

Yes, it does take a lot of elbow grease to get these built, and especially to make them look like an "injection" kit (oddly, the main goal when building a vac!); but they're available now if you don't want to wait for Trumpeter to fulfill your wish list!

GIL :smiley16:

Dad worked on both and was so happy that Trumpy released the F-106B model. Now if they will would do the same for the Dagger, he would be a happy camper. Of course, if someone released them in 1/32, he would probably be in model nirvana!

:Smile_sceptic:

Dad worked on both and was so happy that Trumpy released the F-106B model. Now if they will would do the same for the Dagger, he would be a happy camper. Of course, if someone released them in 1/32, he would probably be in model nirvana!

:Smile_sceptic:

He may have known a good friend of mine: Eric Thomas, who was the senior project development manager for both the F-102 and F-106 aircraft. He worked all the way through on the F-102, but only started the F-106 before retiring. I built two 1/48 scale aircraft for him some time ago. He loved them both. He passed last year in July. His wife is still holding on to them.

Maybe someday we'll see these aircraft in 1/32 scale; after all, they already did the F-105 and it's bigger! Keep bugging Zoukei Mura; they are the best possibility right now.

He may have known a good friend of mine: Eric Thomas, who was the senior project development manager for both the F-102 and F-106 aircraft. He worked all the way through on the F-102, but only started the F-106 before retiring. I built two 1/48 scale aircraft for him some time ago. He loved them both. He passed last year in July. His wife is still holding on to them.

Do either of you guys know (of) any of the test pilots for the Dagger? Am trying to identify a name/face for the pilot who may have introduced the jet to the SDANG (175th FIS). Don't know whether he was a contractor/test guy, or active duty AF pilot.

I can ask my Dad but I would guess no. No sure how long he was in the Deuce. I know we were stationed at Dow (I was born there), some place in Michigan, Grand Forks(460th FIS[Cave Tigrims]), Minot (5th FIS[spittin' Kittens]) and Langley (48th FIS[Tazlangleyian Devils]). I know Minot and Langley were the Dart (then the F-15). Not sure about the others.

• 1 month later...