AMT 1:32 1963 Studebaker Avanti

rdelaney

I recently bought the AMT 1:32 1963 Studebaker Avanti kit (AMT885/12). I wonder if any of you can help me regarding exterior and interior colors. Checking on http://www.theavanti.net (website of the Avanti Owners Association International), I found paint colors used for the Avanti, and upholstery and carpet color schemes for '63 Avantis. After seeing photos of one on The Vault Classic Cars (www.vaultcars.com/1963-avanti), I want to do one in Avanti Gold (Color Code P-6333, Rinshed-Nasson No. 63S72), with interior in Color Scheme 1 of Fawn (instrument board, upper door moulding and rear shelf), and Elk seats and center door panels).

Can any of you tell me what model paints would best replicate Avanti Gold, Fawn, and Elk? I'm doing this kit for an out of the box contest in February.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me on this.

Bob

Hey Bob.... You can go to this paint shop and Call Jameston Kroon @ Scale Finishes (the owner) and if you don't see it at the store...he most likely can either find it or mix it for you. Here's the link to the store.... http://www.scalefinishes.com/welcome.html Hope this helps you.

Bob,

I am primarily a aircraft modeler. However, I do know of a model supply company that specializes in model car paint, and has most American auto manufacturers paint options back to at least 1935. The name of the company is Model Car World and they are located in Massillion, Ohio. Try this website: mcwautomotivefinishes.com.

Happy modeling,

Mark

I was not aware AMT made a 1/32 Avanti. I am now!

Edited by SkyKing

Fun fact about Avanti's and paint...I have an Avanti that exhibits the body paint issue that put the Blake-owned Avanti Motor Corp out of business.

I've seen the 1/32 Avanti in various Hobby Lobby's in their clearance area so I wouldn't pay too much for one. The 1/24 kit has been out in various boxes over the years.

One day I'd like to convert the Studebaker version kit to the later '83+ body style.

--David