My first superdetail attempt

Zglossip

Hey everybody here is somthing i have been wanting to try but always been to scared to do superdetailing i finally did it. This a cockpit of a p-38 lightning it wasnt very detailed and i wanted the canopy open so I decided to do it myself using epoxy putty, stretched sprue, and bailing wire. Lookin for some ideas and construtive critiscm thanks.

post-2612-0-79120400-1482174973_thumb.jpg

post-2612-0-96615800-1482175002_thumb.jpg

post-2612-0-16697800-1482175029_thumb.jpg

Looks good to me.

Maybe it's the camera as things look very glossy. I think I'd give it a shot of mat coat to dull things down.

I didn't see a problem with the bailing wire, but Bass Pro Shops (and Other places I'm sure) sell lead wire of all different thicknesses, including some VERY think stuff. It will give you a much easier time snaking that wire thru the cockpit.

Otherwise good job.

Thanks rotkman for the advice i will look for the lead wire and the camera makes it look glossy i sprayed matt and it looks matt in real life gotta love cameras

Looks busy and complex, which is what most people think of as "super detailed". In my experience, the seat and its belts are almost always the main focus when people peek in, so it appears you've covered that.

GIL :smiley16: