1.48 Kitty Hawk Cougar

jcorley

Anybody else having problems with the 1/48 Kitty Hawk Cougar fuselage mating?

I am doing dry fitting of the built halves and I am seeing a ledge on the bottom (about the thickness of the plastic) where the fwd half juts below the aft half.

Is this common?

Hi James! I haven't tackled my KH "TwoGar" yet, but a buddy in our club built the single seater. I don't recall him specifically mentioning the fit on the bottom, but I do recall he wasn't happy with the fit overall. The main problem (like their Voodoo) seems to be too many parts that need to be used to build up the fuselage, which leads to more opportunities to screw up the fit. Also check the ability to glue the plastic using some spare parts or a sprue-to-sprue assembly. It seems some KH kits are made of a plastic that doesn't always react well (or fully) to some hobby cements!

Although the newer KH Banshee kit has been bashed for some shape issues, it does seem to be better engineered, so it seems that KH may be learning some lessons from the Cougar and Voodoo kits.

GIL :smiley16:

Yeah, the sprue tabs are horribly large and the engineering reminds me of the 90s. And the best glue is the Tenax type welding glues.

I guss this on will be just for me and not a contest contender.

James: Yet another of our club members had his KH Twogar at the meeting tonight and he also complained about the fit of the fuselage parts, as well as his glue not wanting to hold that particular plastic. Fuselage fit problems seem to be the theme for the KH cougars!

GIL :smiley16: