Sign in to follow this  
IPMSUpdates

New Review: L-29 Delfin

Product Image

The L-29 Delfin was a jet-powered trainer airplane that was designed by the Aero Company of Czechoslovakia. It was designed to provide the Warsaw Pact nations with a jet-powered replacement for their propeller driven trainers. The aircraft was in production from 1963 until 1974 with over 3,500 produced. In addition to the Warsaw Pact nations, the L-29 has been used by many other countries and in fact, a number are still in use in civilian hands. These can be seen in air shows around the world.

The Kit

In spite of the wide usage of the L-29 and the associated interesting paint schemes, it has not been well produced as a model. Until recently, the only 1/72 scale kit of the L-29 was a somewhat crude offering from KP of the Czech Republic. Recently, however, a new kit of the L-29 has been issued by AvantGarde Model Kits, AMK. AMK is a relatively new company located in Macao. I believe that this is the fifth release from AMK. The previous four were 1/48 scale models, including an L-29. I expect that this 1/72 scale model is a shrunken version of the 1/48 model. This is the subject of my review.

read more

Anyone interested in this model should check the Victory Models web site. They are offering a 30% discount on AMK kits for a short time. I bought an extra one and had it within 4 or 5 days.

Sign in to follow this