Is "Future" still "Future"

I know that Future has a new name , I believe it is Future Clear by Pledge?

I read yesterday in a recent issue of one of the British Model magazines there is a rumor the forumula has changed. Now it is now longer "Model Friendly". Can someone confirm or deny this rumor?

I got some and dipped some canopies in it and it seems to work just like the old formula. Also used as a decal undercoat with the same success. So have no fear it still works.

Chris

Apparently, the stuff being sold in Europe is indeed a different product, but the "new" product in the USA is more or less the same stuff in a new bottle.

Ralph

I made an inquirey to SC Johnson about Future. There answer is Future is no longer being manufactured or distrributed. It has been replace with another product with a diffirent formula. :smiley19:

Tom

I made an inquirey to SC Johnson about Future. There answer is Future is no longer being manufactured or distrributed. It has been replace with another product with a diffirent formula. :smiley19:

Tom

Future has been replaced by "Pledge with Future Shine" in the US. Only the name has been changed; the product is the same. The formula is no different in the US.

Someone I know also contacted SC Johnson and they told him the formula was the same just a name change. He was contacted my a diffirent person from SC Johnson than I was. So, we have two diffirent answers from SC Johnson. I quess the truth is in the testing.

Tom

Someone I know also contacted SC Johnson and they told him the formula was the same just a name change. He was contacted my a diffirent person from SC Johnson than I was. So, we have two diffirent answers from SC Johnson. I quess the truth is in the testing.

Tom

This was posted yesterday on HyperScale:

After reviewing the response which was sent to your friend and fellow modeler, I wanted to follow up with you regarding the information that was initially shared with him.

Future® is still being manufactured, but is now named Pledge® with Future® Shine. The formula of the product has not changed. It is true; however, that Pledge® with Future® Shine has not been tested for use on plastic scale models so we cannot recommend it for that purpose. As you know weve designed this product for floor care.

It sounds as if Future® found a special niche with plastic scale model builders, and we are happy that it has worked well for you. Thank you for giving us a chance to set the record straight.

Regards,

Kcrista

Consumer Relationship Center

SC Johnson, A Family Company

Toll Free Number: 1-800-558-5252

www.scjbrands.com

Which confirms what many of us have said all along, namely, that Future is still available, only the name has been changed. (But I ran out and bought three more bottles of "Pledge with Future Shine" anyway, just in case!)