Vegas Guy Just Paid His New Subscription HoRay !

schooner

Hi Guys & Gals

After looking through some of the posts on this great forum.

I just paid my yearly dues, and glad I did.

Looking foreword to learning and growning in this hobby.

Schooner

post-3123-0-95882900-1479856833_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome Ray! Did you sculpt the gnome yourself?

Dive in and make yourself at home. Glad to have ya! Hope you and yours have a blessed Thanksgiving!

GIL :smiley16:

Dive in and make yourself at home. Glad to have ya! Hope you and yours have a blessed Thanksgiving!

Hi Gil

NO I didn't carve that grome.However I am a woodcarver and done many carvings and still do.

But as of right now I'm really amazed how fine scale modeling really is.

I'm hoping to learn and become a good plastic aircraft modeler.

I joined IPMS 2 weeks ago.

My # is 50394

It's guys like You that make this forum GREAT!

GOD BLESS YOU ALL

Ray

a.k.a. schooner on the forum 😎

Hey Gil

As I'm building up my modeling supplies I thought can I buy qt.can of Paint Thinner @ Home Depot instead of those little bottles that Testor's has 4 sale. Would that be good to clean my Testor's Enamel Paint off my brushes ?

I await your reply

GOD BLESS YOU

The hardware store paint thinner is great for cleaning brushes; whether it works to thin hobby paint (like Testors) is hit or miss; sometimes it will turn the paint to goop. In general its not a good idea to thin a whole bottle of paint at once - even if it doesn't immediately turn to goo it can happen a few days/weeks later.

Don

Don is correct Ray! It's a good idea to buy thinners in bulk at a hardware store, but be very careful what you pour it into. I buy a gallon of lacquer thinner at a time (at Walmart) as that is my "thinner" of choice with both enamels and lacquers.

No matter what thinner and paint you're trying to mix, do NOT do it in the bottle you bought. Instead, save your soda bottle caps! You can use those to "test" mixing paint and thinners, and even use them to mix up enough to paint many small parts, or fill your airbrush reservoir, without "tainting" the original bottle of paint.

I agree with Gil. I too use lacquer thinner to thin my enamel paints before I spray them. I do not use it into the paint bottles. If I ever feel like I need to make a bottle of paint (I have lots of old ones) more liquid, I will use the Model Masters thinner. I don't do this often.