Another Finished Aircraft from the Duke

Mark Deliduka

Hey all, here she is in all her glory. This is Trumpeter's 1/72 scale Tu-16 Badger in Russian Navy markings:

Russian%20Tu-16%20Badger%20I.JPG

Russian%20Tu-16%20Badger%20II.JPG

Russian%20Tu-16%20Badger%20III.JPG

Russian%20Tu-16%20Badger%20IV.JPG

My apologies for that last pic. I'll try to get a sharper image later.

Thanks for looking, comments are welcome.

Is there an IPMS/Russia? With the number of Russian kit subjects and Russian kit manufacturers available now, it would seem that a national branch could be started there. Then Mark can get some really comprehensive feedback on this Badger. To me, a know-nothing novice on Soviet subjects, this kit looks great. :smiley2:

Ed

Thanks guys. I appreciate the compliments. Especially of the glass Gil. That was tough.

Ed, I actually got some feedback from several Russian friends I have and most of the suggestions they had were beyond me to do. However, they did like the work I did on it. I'm pleased. Now to get to my other two Russian bombers.....

Thanks Von! I appreciate it. Getting comments like this always helps to keep me motivated to work on more. The more comments I get, the more I finish! :smiley20: :D

............ The more comments I get, the more I finish! :smiley20: :D
This looks awesome!

Another cool build from the Dukinator!

Sweet build. We like it. Thanks for posting this one.

OK Mark, Challenge accepted and answered......BUILD MORE. :smiley20: LOL.

OK Mark, Challenge accepted and answered......BUILD MORE. :smiley20: LOL.

Okay, off to the workbench now....

Thanks for the great comments. If you want to see more, I finished several armor models in the Armor Forum that NOBODY commented on! At least seven or eight.

Okay, off to the bench....

Oh those "armor" guys......always off building models instead of admiring ours here! :smiley2:

GIL :smiley16:

I know! What's up with that? I mean, gee, you'd think this was a modeling society or something..... :huh: ;) :D

Thanks Gil for the good laugh! :lol:

Very nice, I like it. Which technique did you use on the windows?

-J

Well, to be honest, I dipped them in Future and when they dried, I freehand painted the frames. Once painted to my satisfaction and dry, I took a sharpened Popsicle stick and scraped the paint off the areas where it wasn't supposed to be. Once it looked right, I re-dipped them all in Future to seal them. They were then glued in place using Gator Grip Hobby Glue.

Most of this was done even before I put the canopies on the model. So much easier to paint when I'm not maneuvering a whole plane around! :smiley14:

Thanks again for the great compliments guys! I appreciate it and -J, I hope that helped a little.