Masters for Cessna 310B/U-3A in both 1/72 and 1/48:

310AB-48_amp_72%20masters-600_zpscuysri1

A close-up of the 1/72 masters:

310AB-72_masters-600_zps9poezeif.jpg

A close-up of the 1/48 masters:

310AB-48_masters-600_zpsmj4yvwq6.jpg

Masters for the de Havilland DH.91 Albatross in 1/72:

Albatross_masters-600_zpsqfnkgpzi.jpg

Kits will be available from Hannant's in due course. Having assisted in the design of the 310B kit, I am very pleased at the appearance of the masters.

What you see in the photos are masters for the resin parts. Details (landing gear, props, cabin seats, etc.) will be metal, and the cabin will be vacformed clear. The Albatross will come with decals for Imperial Airways, while the 310 will be issued in two versions. One will be a civil aircraft with Sabena and Rhodesian civil decals, while the other will be a U-3A with 3 different USAF schemes including a U-2 chase plane.

Edited by SkyKing

Interesting! Will these be injection kits, or resin kits? Will they include detail parts for the landing gear, tire, and props; and will they be plastic, resin, or metal? Will the clear parts be vac, resin, or injection molded? Will the kits include decals, and if so, do you know what markings are planned? Inquiring minds need to know! :smiley20:

GIL :smiley16:

Interesting! Will these be injection kits, or resin kits? Will they include detail parts for the landing gear, tire, and props; and will they be plastic, resin, or metal? Will the clear parts be vac, resin, or injection molded? Will the kits include decals, and if so, do you know what markings are planned? Inquiring minds need to know! :smiley20:

GIL :smiley16:

These are just the masters for the resin parts. Detail parts (landing gear, props) will be metal, and cabin top/windows will be vac-formed. Decals will be included, but I don't know details as yet. I myself am working on a decal sheet for Sky King's "Songbird." I've been promised a kit when they are ready, and I will be posting a detailed review.

The Albatross will have full cockpit and cabin detail. The cabin windows are intended to be glazed with liquid glazing. Decals will be for "Fortuna" of Imperial Airways.

Edited by SkyKing