Bob Glidden Ford Thunderbird

ipmsusa2

I don't normally build cars, but this one was done on commission for a client. Revell kit in 1/25th. Thought I'd post a few photos of the finished model here for your viewing pleasure.

post-79-0-52135900-1475342134_thumb.jpg

post-79-0-84859900-1475342225_thumb.jpg

post-79-0-49981400-1475342256_thumb.jpg

post-79-0-93697000-1475342281_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

This kit was more than a little fun...not. Had to deal with two bad cans of white which forced me to buy a second kit which had different decals than the first. Finally got the body painted, decaled and clear coated...then found a section of clear that had blistered! Still not thru with the problems. Rear window from the first kit split (this is what required the second kit), but the second kit decals didn't have the frame decals. So...had to buy a third set of decals, this time off of ebay.

Slipping the body onto the chassis was another joyride. Supposed to be removable but that is definitely not recommended. Took four attempts to figure out how to mate the body without cracking the tubular frame at the firewall (which I did three times). As for the clear parts, Gator's Glue is fantastic for installing them. Especially since they install from the outside after everything else is done.

Looks good to me Rich! I've had two of these kits but they always end up as parts donors. lol. Again nice turnout by you.

Joseph,

Thanks for your comments. Finally connected with the client and he was more than pleased. His eyes lit up like a kid at Christmas when he first saw it. And he handed me another kit to build for him. Gee, it's nice to have a satisfied client!