On to the shows...

philp

Well, I was bummed not to get to the Nats this year, first miss since 2010.

So how do you get over it, why attend a different show or two.

The Salt Lake City club is holding their show this year down in Sandy and not only will I be there getting my usual bunch of pictures but I also will be vending this year (hope to cover the cost of the table at least).

Then, two weeks from now Orangecon will be held at Cal State Fullerton. Normally I wouldn't make this show but since my oldest moved to Fullerton last November and still has an extra Disney pass and the show is a Regional i am making the exception.

Who knows, I might even enter something.

• Like 1

I'm lucky in that I'm back to a place in life where I can attend the Nats more often than not, depending on getting vacation time and money.

Since this is my hobby, I've made attending shows as high a priority as I can because I've found it adds to my fun! It's not the competition, though I do compete; nor is it the vendors, though I shop despite having almost everything (literally) I could want. It's the people and the models! It's seeing old friends and making some new ones. It's viewing table after table of inspiring models. I go home ready to build!

If you're reading this and you haven't attended many shows, especially if that's out of some apprehension about the contest, you need to give some shows a try. Go whether you enter models in the contest or not. Check it out and see how much fun you can have, even if you do enter and don't win anything. I believe you'll be pleasantly surprised.

GIL :smiley16:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Looking forward to seeing you again Mark.