Xtrakits 1/72 Sea Vixen FAW.2

PaulBradley

That Vixen's quite the vamp Paul! I've always thought that was one of the better looking British jets, although I've often wondered if those offset cockpits/canopies weren't the product of some engineers that had a pint or two too many! Way to stick with it, persevere, and achieve victory. Winston would be proud! :smiley20:

GIL :smiley16:

Cheers, Gil - lots of blood, toil, tears and sweat in this one!

John - those red markings are indeed stencilling. I believe those are no step markings for the engine access panels, of which there was much need.....

:smiley20: Excellent work Paul!. I am not sure, but this plane was entered in service in 1972-73? it did participate in some operation such as Malvinas, desert storm, etc?. sorry for my question. :blush: I am a builder of armors and about aircrafts I not have many knowledge :smiley5:

Regards,

Rodolfo

Paul, another cool lookin British jet from your workbench. The Sea Vixen is certainly a unique layout. Thanks for posting it. :smiley20:

:smiley20: Excellent work Paul!. I am not sure, but this plane was entered in service in 1972-73? it did participate in some operation such as Malvinas, desert storm, etc?. sorry for my question. :blush: I am a builder of armors and about aircrafts I not have many knowledge :smiley5:

Regards,

Rodolfo

Thanks Rodolfo! :smiley1: The Sea Vixen actually entered service back in 1959 and left frontline service in 1972. As far as I know, the only "offensive" action was during the Rhodesian blockade in the mid-sixties. Here's a good, concise histroy:

http://www.thunder-and-lightnings.co.uk/seavixen/history.php

Paul,

A beautiful model. I take it from your comments that it wasn't the easiest of builds? Are we going to see a review sometime?

Hi David, thanks! :smiley1: This will be a review - just finishing up the text now and should submit to Dave M. shortly. And no, it wasn't the easiest of builds! Think Classic Airframes, only in 1/72.... :wacko:

And thanks Ken and James for your kind comments too!