Sign in to follow this  
IPMSUpdates

New Review: MiniArt GAZ-03-30 Ambulance

Product Image

MiniArt is certainly getting a lot of mileage of the molds for the GAZ-03 bus. I think this is the 4th boxing of it, this time as an ambulance (previous ones were passenger bus and a military transport).

When opening the box you find a total of 39 sprues, for a total of 280 plastic parts, plus 26 clear parts and 8 photo-etched parts. Keeping track of all those sprues and pieces will make the assembly of this kit a bit of a challenge.

The instructions come in a glossy paper booklet, with very clean and clear drawings.

I have built other MiniArt models previously and I can tell you, the instructions are superb. There are a total of 49 steps, but some have sub-assemblies, so clearly this is an in depth build, not a weekender.

Construction starts with a very detailed engine (which you want to show) and then it moves to a similarly detailed chassis and transmission. The wheels are of the “slice†kind, with 7 parts per tire. While it sound overly engineered actually those are easy to assemble and provide great surface and thread detail.

read more

WTH, another no build?? This is not fair to the other review corp members or the model companies, not to mention the IPMS readers.

Sign in to follow this