Another new guy from Portland Oregon.

RIVEIR

Hello all been building models since I was a kid...... It's been about fifteen years since I have built anything and primarily just build cars. I am by no means an expert and am working from a very impoverished budget. I am not sure if I am good fit for this group or not. You tell me. I am currently forty-seven years old.

Edited by RIVEIR

Welcome Russell,

All are welcome and many of us here fit your profile. Might care to check out the OMS club if you get the chance.

Welcome Russ! Do you like to build models? Do you like to look at models? Then you're a perfect fit here with us!

Don't worry about your skills. This is a place where you can get some answers though if you want to expand them. But, concentrate on having FUN as you do that, and enjoy.

GIL :smiley16:

The above comments are what it's all about, Russ. Welcome aboard!

Mark

Russ,

This society has excellent builders we all admire, good builders we aspire to be, average builders which most of us are, less skillful builders who are learning and improving and guys that haven't built a model in years but like to look at and talk about them. We also have guys who have NEVER built a model, but enjoy the history around the subjects we model. And finally we've got guys that just collect models and never build them. They have literally thousands of un-built models on their shelves or in storage.

In short, you fit. Welcome.

The greatest advantage to modeling is that ANYONE can do it. Tools and supplies are minimal and whatever your financial situation is, even the worst quality kit can be improved as far as your skills and willingness can go. I have seen the old, crudely molded Lindberg HMS Hood kit built into a masterpiece! Talk about a silk purse from a sow's ear! It wasn't easy, and I'm sure it didn't happen overnight. The modeler relied on his skill. Keep building and you'll get better with every kit.